Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Bolivia Bound in 3 weeks!

I have had a few people ask for updates and prayer requests while I am away. I am hoping to be able to put in a few blog posts down there; we usually get some decent wifi at the hotel in the evenings.  I leave 3 weeks from today.  So a few items of prayer and praise:

- I asked MMI for my remaining total to pay for the rest of my trip and someone has paid the rest of it for me!  What a great surprise!! And thank you to the others who have helped sponsor this trip!  I feel so privileged to be able to go!
- Flights: getting them, surviving them, (Kelowna to Toronto to Miami to La Paz to Santa Cruz and then 2 hours on a bus) and getting through customs with all our medical equipment is always a bit of an ordeal at the Bolivia end of things.
- That our team would be united and work well together.  A few of us are returning which makes things run smoother, but also to be open to the newcomers and use everyone's abilities to their best use
- That God would heal when medicine can't.  We are often limited in what we can do.  If you have time for a great read from our team surgeon, I'm hoping we get to see Lazaro running and smiling this year after some tough times last spring.  https://noroomforcream.wordpress.com/2016/04/30/lazaro-rises/
- For the relationships that we continue to develop ~ especially with the nurses who work at the hospital year round... and then we come in and invade their space and use all their sheets and make a big mess for our time there.  Wishing I were fluent in Spanish, but hugs work pretty well.


- Safety traveling back to La Paz for a bit of adventuring and then to the wedding of our dear friends Ramiro and Ali!  Blessings on them as they tie the knot!
- Shared grief together as we lost a dear friend Dr. Franz last May and it will be very different without him there. He joked about marrying my beautiful daughter a few times enough that we got her on video to say hello.  An amazing, amazing humble person and always laughing!  This post tells the depth of his heart. https://noroomforcream.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/my-friend-franz-and-the-condition-of-his-heart/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola, Linda!!! I am so excited that you get to go back to Bolivia for a mission trip AND attend Ali and Ramiro's wedding! I don't believe any of us Menno Chicks will make it to Bolivia this year. All the best as you pack up, brave the travelling, work hard, and say many hellos and good-byes in a short period of time. I'll be checking your blog for updates from beautiful South America!:)

All my love, along with prayer,
Sharon Brubacher